Our third Shopify app, EZ Importer, was actually published on the Shopify App Store a couple of months ago but we decided to stay in beta for a bit to make sure the app is stable and our early users are happy with it. We're finally at a point now that we're ready to get out of beta and have added a bunch of features since the initial release as well.
If you're already using Shopify, you probably know that Shopify doesn't have a way to import orders from the Admin page. You can only import orders via their API and that's why we built this app. Not everyone has access to a developer to build a custom solution for them and it could get expensive to hire one.
We built EZ Importer to be self-service and we're of course available for support as well in case any issues come up during the import. We've had customers using our app who were migrating their original e-commerce store from other platforms such as Magento, Lightspeed, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce to Shopify. We've also had customers who needed to migrate their orders from one Shopify store to another.
Having your historical orders in the current platform you're actively using is very useful for accounting and reporting purposes. This way, you can run historical reports directly from Shopify and save time from having to aggregate order data (which also includes sales, taxes, and customer information) from the different platforms that you use. We actually have at least one customer who sell products through multiple channels and they needed to periodically import those orders into their main Shopify store.
We put in a lot of effort to make sure our app is easy to use and the imported data is reliable. We have multiple data checks during the import and we keep a history of all imported records. We charge based on the number of imported orders (we offer packages where you can buy credits in bulk) and we even have this neat feature where you can undo/delete the imported orders in case you made a mistake and we'll give you your credits back (our app can only delete records that were created by our app, so you don't have to worry about bugs that could accidentally delete your other orders).
Just to highlight the features we currently offer
- Bulk import orders with customer information.
- Undo/delete your imported orders in case you made a mistake (we'll automatically give you your credits back).
- Migrating to Shopify from another platform? You can easily import historical orders by specifying the date of the order right from your CSV.
- Import closed/archived orders.
- Import orders with multiple line items.
- Import transactions and discounts.
- Partial Imports are supported. If any orders have errors in the csv file, EZ Importer will import the orders that do not have errors ignoring any orders with errors.
- View the progress of your import in real time.
- Create multiple custom data mappings for your CSV imports.
- Credit based billing system, pay only for what you use.
Currently on our roadmap
- Scheduled imports.
- Product and variant imports.
If you're looking for a solution for importing orders from CSV into Shopify, please check out our app. We give you 50 free credits to start with so you can do plenty of testing first to make sure our app can handle your requirements before doing any big imports.